<<SW 2003 sp3 fails to start>>VBA won't init

Just installed SW Office Pro 2003 SP3. Error box says "Visual Basic for Applications failed to initialize, equations and macros will not run. Are you low on disk space?" (no). I click tho 'OK" button and the application window comes up, overlaid by another error pop-up. It says "Environment variable 'temp' msut be set to a temporary directory." I click OK and the app shuts down. In the registry, the temp directory key is set to '%temp%".

Running Win2K pro with plenty of resources. Updated sytem with lateset VBA from MS. Have un-and re-installed a couple of times.

Por favor, aiudame!! Any info appreciated! Grazie Mille DaBuzz

Reply to
DB

This problem is most usually caused by installing SW while virus protection software is running. To fix the problem, SW has to be completely uninstalled (uninstall+clean the registry+reboot) and re-installed with any anti-virus software disabled.

Hope this helps!

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Heikki; Many thanks my friend, you were correct. There were many MANY registry entries from previous install attempts. I thouroughly purged these items using VCom System Suite (highly reccommended tool!). Restarted, disabled virus protection, reinstalled, and, voila! I'm evaluating SW vs Inventor7 as a recent convert from Civil Engineering to Product Development. Two patents ready, time to make some molds. I look forward to corresponding with the group, especially if your excellent and prompt response is representative of the group as a whole.

DB

Reply to
DB

well, sometimes you have to wait till our American friends wake up...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

NO uninstall required; just disable anti-viral software

To fix the problem, SW has to be completely uninstalled

Reply to
Navy Diver

You're welcome... ;-)

I believe it is, altough I am not a very active writer. This group is very good and definitely worth of following.

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Did you even "read" any of these posts..........??????????????

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg