SW 2005 SP0.0 refuses to start

recently after some updates to Windows XP SP2, I found out that solidworks

2005 SP0.0 refuses to load - the message comes from the operating system a while after the start-up logo appears, claiming: sldwrks.exe was unable to load, we are sorry for the inconvenience ... bla,bla,bla something in a dll solidworks using with allot of hexadecimal stuff I don't understand. so I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it - but in vain. afterwards, I uninstalled it and installed the old SW 2004 and it worked ok - so at the bottom line the question is - what am I missing? what does windows XP SP2 likes in 2004 that it doesn't like in 2005?

any explanation or sharing of similar experience and insights will be highly appreciated,

Gil Alsberg

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

2005 SP0.0 refuses to load - the message comes from the

sldwrks.exe was unable to load, we are sorry for the

of hexadecimal stuff I don't understand. so I

and installed the old SW 2004 and it worked ok - so

SP2 likes in 2004 that it doesn't like in 2005?

appreciated,

SP0.1 has dll's other ext files archived on SP0.1, SP0.2, and SP0.3. In your case SP0.0 needs SP0.1 and SP0.2

If you get the error message need missing file, go to Start then do a Search for those missing files on CD's 1 and 2.

Right off hand, I can't remember the name of that folder on 1 and 2.

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Thanks John, I'll give it a try!

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

Ok lets start over, verify that you have these files on the second and third CD's

SP0.CD2\Solidworks\swwi\data winnt0.cab winnt1.cab winnt2.cab winnt3.cab

SP0.CD3\Solidworks\swwi\data winnt4.cab winnt5.cab winnt6.cab winnt7.cab winnt8.cab

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup