custom weldment profiles does'nt work!

i'm trying to learn how to use the custom weldment profile. i created one exactly as is written in the help documentation and SW refuses to switch in a part, a srtuctural member with SW ready made weldment profile with mine! how irritating!..... I made sure to save the sketch profile as *.sldpf and saved it in the appropriate ..../Weldment Profile/user/type/size folder structure.........solidworks responds with: "Failed to drop Palette Feature. The drop site or Palette Feature is not appropriate."..........arrrrgh........

my specs are: SW 2007 x64 SP2.1, Windows XP SP2 x64

Please help me to understand........

thanks, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

"Gil Alsberg" wrote

It was probably just a typo, but the correct file suffix is *.sldlfp

If you send it to me I'll give it a go.

John H

Reply to
John H

I don't use weldments, so this is just a guess, but is the folder writeable? Do you have permissions to write in it?

Jerry Steiger

it is writeable, and i do have permissions. i've tried to open it today and solidworks hangs-up and freezes! so i guess the file is corrupted or solidworks has a bug in sp 2.1. and maybe there is some trick in making sldlfp files that i don't get.......

Reply to
Gil Alsberg