Aerobird motor won't start

Following an uneventful landing yesterday my aerobird's electic motor fails to start.

I've replaced the transmitter batteries and the onboard battery is fully charged.

As I change throttle position I can hear servo motion inside the body.

Still no motor start.

Any thoughts?

George Rachor

Reply to
George Rachor

Is the carb opening? your uneventful landing may have jarred the servo loose or popped the horn off. Check both ends of the linkage.

Nosnar

Reply to
Nosnar

The servo motion you are hearing are related to the control surfaces on the Aerobird Bird.......when you do move the throttle do you notice slight changes in the control surfaces??? This is due to the beginner mode. If I am correct the Aerobird comes with dual modes......a beginner and expert. You may have a lose/ broken connection to the motor due to the rough landing or broke something on the circuit board inside the plane. Solution to problem: Send it back to company for a fix, buy a new one, or if you like to tinker you can gut out the old gear and swap in better gear.

Reply to
Mike R

ummmmmmmm.........he did say electric........ :-)

Reply to
Mike R

Maybe it's one of those hybrids. :-)

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Thanks everyone for all the replies....

Interestng observation this afternoon....

This morning the aerobird wouldn't start. This afternoon it worked fine....

The difference was temperature....

Morning 55-60 degrees Afternoon 80 degrees

I don't know if this apparant temp sensitivity is with the reciever or transmitter.. I'll experiment over the next couple of days.

George Rachor

"Mike R" writes:

-- ========================================================= George L. Rachor Jr. snipped-for-privacy@rachors.com Hillsboro, Oregon http:rachors.com United States of America Amateur Radio : KD7DCX

Reply to
George Rachor

| This morning the aerobird wouldn't start. This afternoon it worked fine.... | | The difference was temperature.... | | Morning 55-60 degrees | Afternoon 80 degrees

Note that this would be very abnormal.

Planes can handle 100 degrees F, and they can handle 0 degrees F. For a glow plane, you'll probably need to tune the engine a bit going between the extremes, but for an electric, it should just work. The battery might need a bit of warming up first if it's really cold, but even if you don't, it should work at least somewhat.

Sounds like a loose coonnection, or a dead spot on the motor brushes, or a dead battery (yes, I know you said it was charged, but ...)

Reply to
Doug McLaren