.Net add-in installation

How do i install a .Net add-in once I have written it using the Add-in wizard???

Creating a VB 2005 setup project and adding the dll file (and its dependencies) didnt work. When I install and then go to SolidWorks-FILE-OPEN-Add-in(.dll), I get the unable to initialize error. The program works fine in the Debug mode. I havent changed anything from the template. For now I am testing it as is. I set the registration property to the dll files as registerCOM but that doesnt seem to work. Not even on the same machine I have my code on (with .net frame installed).

Anyone has done this???

Reply to
WasayNoori

You have to register it using Regasm.exe using the codebase option. This will allow it to be connected to through COM. Once you register it in this fashion you shouldn't even have to open it in SolidWorks it will already be there. If you look through the API downloads and tips and tricks on the SolidWorks website you will find a small script file that is an example of how to do this.

Check out the API site

regards, Corey

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to