Addins don't work with 2007

I wrote an add-in while my company was on SW2006 that saves a pdf file when a drawing is saved to a certain directory. Worked great. When we upgraded to 2007, we just did an upgrade to existing installations. The add-in still works great...as long as you had it installed with a sw2006 installation. I ended up having to uninstall SW completely and then reinstall 2007 as a fresh install. Since I did that, I can't load my add-in DLL. I get an error that says "Unable to initialize the Add-in Component" I've worked with my reseller's tech-support and they took it to Solidworks API support and I still haven't heard any conclusions to the issue. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has a way to fix it. I've verified that I have write access to my "temp" directory in the system variables and I've verified that the VBA folders exist.

TIA Tim

Reply to
yawdro

Try this, it worked for me,

Hello Bill,

If your AddIn is a C# or VB.NET AddIn, then you should be able to use:

regasm /codebase filename.dll

This will register the AddIn for SW. Be sure to use the /codebase option as this will help SW to locate the AddIn.

Regards,

-Earl

Note: you can find the regasm.exe file with a search of your os drive, use the latest one. you will probably need the full path so drag and drop the regasm file onto your Run command line (Start Menu > Run). Also, you will most likely need the full path of your dll so drag and drop it onto the line as well.

Bill Briggs

yawdro wrote:

Reply to
Bill Briggs

My reseller got a SPR# for this problem. It's not fixed in SP1. HTH, Ralf yawdro schrieb:

Reply to
slowhand

See the thread entitled:

SW 2007 Upgrade