Error: no function definition: AI_DRAWORDER

There's never a dull moment .... For some reason whenever I want to move entities in front of or behind other entities I now receive the following error message " Error: no
function definition: AI_DRAWORDER" Any ideas ... worked ok before ?
Thanks, Bernard.

What version are you using? I use 2004 and use Tools, Draw Order and select send to back or front.

It might have something to do with how you are issuing it. Are you doing it from a button or a menu? What's your text screen say?
At the command line, "ai_draworder" by itself wont work, but "(ai_draworder "_b")" works and send to back. "(ai_draworder "_f")" sends to front "(ai_draworder "_u")" send it under, and "(ai_draworder "_a")" sends it above
At the command line, you have to issue the command "DRAWORDER".
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

I'm using it from the toolbar. I just used to pick a button for the draw order I required and picked the elements. Now for some reason the toolbar buttons are working. I'm guessing I may have to load ( appload ? ) something to get them going again. If I do what you suggest above, I receive "no function definition: AI_DRAWORDER" Really wierd.

Make sure you have installed the latest service pack for the version you are using. Also, check for patches that may address the problem. Go here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1068444
and choose your product, then go to the Data and Downloads link on the left.
If your product is patched and up to date then you have a corrupt installation. You could try a repair and if that doesn't work you will have to do a clean uninstall and reinstall.
Daryl Stockton
Bernard Rother wrote:

So it's WORKING now?
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Sorry Mike, should have been "...toolbar buttons are *NOT* working." It worked not so long ago so it looks as though I may have to reinstall it as suggested by a sakoguy. I had done a scan and imported the vectors so as to trace over them after sending them "below" my new drawing. Oh well, something to keep me busy over the weekend. Thanks for all the suggestions. Bernard.

By clean uninstall/reinstall I mean the procedure in the following document.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617
Removing all Autodesk products and all the files, folders, and regisrty entries detailed in the document is the only way to get a truly clean uninstall/reinstall.
After reinstalling you should make sure you install the appropriate service packs and patches.
I worked as an Autodesk product support engineer for a year and that is the method suggested by Autodesk.
Daryl Stockton
Daryl Stockton