photworks is gone

Kinda of a long story but here is is

One of my graphic designers had soldworks with photoworks, he was running solidsworks 2004.

I just took over here and have no real history but from what I can see we started with 2001 solidworks then upgraded to 2003 w/photoworks then to 2004 solidworks without photo works but the end results was he had

2004 and photo works was showing on menu bar and working.

His boss left and in the process gave him some tutorial disks to try which he loaded (it was for older version) and it totally mesed up everything. We called soldiworks who told us to uninstall and reinstall (did not work)then they told us to rename the solid works folder in registry and reinstall.

This worked however 2004 did not have photoworks on the menu. We tried to install just photoworks from the 2003 disk (did not work) We then installed 2003 (photoworks was there) then upgrade to 2004, photoworks not there.

Any suggestion on how to get photoworks installed and working with 2004 with the disk we have.

I will admit, I do not know solidworks and it could be something simple.

Steve

Any suggestions are welcomed snipped-for-privacy@fourstari.com

Reply to
ssaver

you enabled it under Tools/Add-ins?

Reply to
neil

Neil, Tried that but , can see it, can check it, but get error mesasge: Photowors\pworks.dll\cannot be loaded. Either the Addin or one of its components is missing.

it seems when we upgrade from 3 to 4 it wipes 3 and photoworks. Is there a way just to loard the hotowrks from 2003 ontop of 2004?

Reply to
ssaver

This sounds very similar to an issue I had with toolbox a while ago. Also occurred after an uninstall/reinstall Some .dll had become unregistered ( no clue as to how ) and SW would error (same format of error message, with wording for toolbox instead ), then crash when I tried to load in toolbox. The fix from my VAR for that one was this:

Try registering the dao360.dll.

  1. Open a command prompt
  2. type 'cd c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao' and hit enter
  3. type 'regsvr32 dao360.dll' and hit enter"

I highly doubt that this is going to help directly as its unlikely the same .dll is the culprit, but perhaps your VAR can identify a similar .dll that could have become corrupted/unregistered and is associated with photoworks.

Reply to
Brian

You can install just PhotoWorks. During the install process you have the option to do a "custom" install and you can install only the applications you want. I believe if you do a repair on your installation you can choose just to install PhotoWorks. If the repair installation option doesn't give you the "custom" option try re-installing and selecting the "custom" option and choose Solidworks and PhotoWorks from the list. I'm assuming you have straight SolidWorks (not Office or Office Professional) and you purchased PhotoWorks as an add-in in 2003? When you do the "custom" install you will need a Serial number for both SolidWorks and PhotoWorks.

Reply to
Rock Guy

Thanks Everyone Between all I got it going. I copied the photoworks folder from the install of 3 and then put in 4 then used Ad In and it worked. Seems to be up and running, just have to wait for him tp get back and test.

Glad the old IT guy saved everything disk wise

Reply to
ssaver