Dimension add, substract, multiplication and division

Hi,

In the sketch mode in SW2003 SP4, when I create new dimensions and I enter in the modify box, an addition like "20+1" I get an error message. "Enter a number between 0.1 and 1000000" In previous versions of SW I was able to enter an addition, substraction, multiplication and divisions. Right now, only the division is working, the other 3 I get a message error. Can you guys check if you get the same error? Thanks.

Remove 213

Reply to
Pablo

This is a classical problem most commonly caused by virus protection software running while installing SW. The problem is caused by malfunctioning VBA. The problem can usually be fixed by following these steps:

- Close SW

- Disable any anti-virus software

- Insert SW disk

- Search for VBA6.msi and install it.

Hope this helps!

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Thanks, I'll give it a try. But it is weird, I have always install SW with the Anti-Virus On and I have never have this problem.

Reply to
Pablo

Well, not your specific error, but this is a classic PW1 and PW2 value error which continues to display.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Pablo

All I can say is you've been very lucky. Real time virus programs (especially Norton) can, and 99% of the time do, hose up installations of SW. Screwing up VBA is a typical (and comparatively minor) problem, it can get allot worse.

I installed SW once with Norton active, and not only did SW crash almost instantly, the system wouldn't let me uninstall it. I finally removed it manually, but I still couldn't delete the SW folders. I could see them in Explorer, but when I selected them and pressed "delete", Explorer said they didn't exist. It took a complete disk wipe (reformat wouldn't work) to fix it.

Uninstall SW, strip the SW keys from the registry, turn off anti-virus, reinstall, be happy..

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM