Why the hell can't I undo half the time?

Hi,

I'm using Sw2004, and usually I'm finding I change something and if I were to change my mind, and I have no undo?

What's that all about??

Reply to
None

Undo and Redo are not very reliable anymore. That is not to say that when they work they make mistakes. It is only to say that they cannot be depended upon to be there when needed. There have been other posts to that effect on the forum.

Reply to
TOP

Drawing changes?, model changes? Sketch changes?, Assembly changes?, How did you make the changes?,Did you rebuild after changes?.....We need a little more detail, undo does not work with some functions, does with others, resets it self in some circumstances, SW is weird that way.

First thought would be for some model changes once you hit rebuild all previous actions cannot be undone, also you can only go back, I think 3 or 4 steps?, I do know the number but it is limited. An example is if you change a sketch dimension in sketch mode and then rebuild guess what, you cant go back, but if you change the dimensions of a sketch by double clicking the sketch feature in the feature manager and then selecting the dimension (double click) and change it then rebuild you can go back...

Makes reasonable sense to me... but I am not sure if this makes sense for a program to do this or if I have just accepted the fact that it does that and have come to grips with it?

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Ben is right. Once you hit `re-build' you cannot undo. This is a little inconvenient when you are editing a sketch of a feature the only way to see what you have done is to hit rebuild. Then if you decide you didn't like your result, you need to edit the sketch again to go back to your original feature instead of doing an undo.

It's always `worked' this way. Doesn't mean that it couldn't be better, though. Why not fill out an enhancement request?

jk

Reply to
jk

it's quite simple... if performing an undo is important and will save you lots of time, the feature will not be available.

bill

Reply to
bill a