Run Time Errors

Question: Are you expierencing Run Time Errors? If so, have you been able to isolate the causes and reduce this problem?

Details: I am the software administrator at my company and our SolidWorks 2007 users have been reporting a high volume (2-10+ per day) of run time errors. In Sw 2006 they crashed alot as well but with no messages. We are not sure if there are more run time errors now then there were silent crashes before but it seems like there are.

Working Status: We are purchasing Dell 690s and loading them with all the goodies and the has not helped! We are implementing SW 64bit and so far at least for large assemblies, this has been awesome. It can seemingly open anything. I open assemblies fully resolved that contain several sub assemblies that SW 32bit could not open on their own. Wait for a future and seperate post before I sign off on the 64bit though. We are evaluating our modeling techniques and are implementing Best Practices to try and take some of the load off SW. This will take some time to see any results.

Reply to
Bill Briggs

Not here, but I'm still on the 32 bit version of SW2007 SP1.0.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks for your feedback. We are still using 32 bit also. Our 32 bit machines are the ones having the Run Time Errors.

Bill Briggs

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Bill Briggs

I have been getting a CTD at least once a day with SWX07 SP1.0. Clean install on a Dell workstation, all the required video drivers, etc. Latest one says "R6025 -pure virtual function call" . Had just created a simple part, made a drawing, and crashed when I saved the drawing.

SW has been doing this to me with random crashes doing multiple different things for tha last two releases. It is crappy software for stability, I just live with it and save often.

Reply to
Dave_D

YES! About 10 users; every one crashed at least once today; most over twice. Two of them can't do simple work on their old assemblies without consistent crashes; the rest seem more random and hard to pin down. I'd be careful with SP1 and x64;

(under Installation and Admin) has some scary sounding stuff...

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Silbert

All I can say is, "thank god I waited!"

2007 sp1.0 seems to kill parts belonging to an assembly. It seems that us, "users", are testing SW's sp's before Sw is.

Do they not have any 64bit machines??

I just had a thought, I bet they are only testing, "known to work", documents, and not starting documents from scratch.

Oh! I forgot, that's what WE are here for!, :oP

Have a nice day! :o)

Reply to
pete

I was getting that same error "R6025 -pure virtual function call" and found out that some of the addins were giving problems. specifally E-Drawings and Toolbox. This is supposed to be fixed in SP2 but we will see. I only have my Space Pilot addin checked and one other addin checked and haven't had any problems. I would recommend only running the addins that you really need for now and run the others only as needed.

I also was getting an "unable to save drawing due to unknown error" when i was running SW2007 sp0.0 web install. I am running SW2007 sp1.0 now and can now open and save those same drawings without a problem.

Reply to
B.E.