"Save-as PDF" Shows Up In My SW2003 Add-ins

I just noticed that "Save-as PDF" is now included in my add-ins for SW2003 SP4. How did it get there? Was is part of SP4, or was it installed when I installed 2004 PR2?

I tried it out and it works!! Totally cool, because I need to save some of my 2003 drawings in PDF format.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

When you install 2004 the pdf option becomes availiable for other versions of SolidWorks automatically. NICE!

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

I have loaded 2004 PR1 and it shows up there and also in 2003 SP4. Actually tried it in the 2003 app and it worked pretty well. Which then makes me wonder if it's just a matter of loading the DLL file as an add-in. If that's the case, then anyone could do it if they had the DLL file.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I haven't loaded 2004pr at all and I do not have the option to save as PDF. I can print though because we have adobe products.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

The reason is when you installed SW04 PR1 the Bluebeam software was installed with it and it will show up in all SW's on your system.

If you look in your program files you will find Bluebeam Software

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

oops that should read "pleased with pdf995"

carrion

Reply to
whit

whit quipped:

bah.

just use openoffice.org. free and no pop-ups.

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

"Mike J. Wilson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

This is part of SW2004 since PreRelease1, it is actually a "normal" add-in (Bluebeam Pushbutton PDF Lite) and therefor availible for every installed SolidWorks version; it works also in SW2001Plus :-)

So if you want to keep the "Save as PDF" function in SW2003 don't deinstall SW2004.

HTH, Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Berlitz

"Nick E." wrote in news:hgSdnQZW8sf7OduiXTWc- snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Does openoffice.org install a PDF printer? I don't think mine did. Or is it an option?

Reply to
Joel Moore

Joel Moore quipped:

it's not a printer. there a little "export to PDF" button up top there.

and it's only in the 1.1betas and RCs. RC3 is really good. more stable than a SW final release. :)

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

"Nick E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Ah. But then that doesn't really replace PDF995 or Acrobat since you can create PDFs from any application with those tools.

Reply to
Joel Moore

Joel Moore quipped:

then install a mandrake server and use samba as a PDF printer for the entire office!!

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

GhostScript and FreeDist is little bit easier with win-enviroment..:-)

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

"Nick E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Now you're talking.

I'm actually making a serious attempt at installing at least one Linux server here at work (Redhat, though). I've still got a lot to learn but it'll be worth it to keep the yoke of MS "server-tude" (hyuk hyuk) off our little company's neck. It's much harder to divert a large company towards the open source alternatives than it is to grow up with them.

Joel Moore

Reply to
Joel Moore

Joel Moore quipped:

i WANT to change all of ours to linux. fscking worms and having to reboot all the servers pissed me off to no end.

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

Nick Maybe you will appreciate this site then

Scott