Re: unhandled error

When I attempt to run the tutorials in the home addition I get the message

> "Solid works has terminated due to unhandled error. Please contact your > local solidworks support representive for help on troubleshooting this > problem." > > 1. I click new > 2. Tutorial tab > 3. Double click part > 4. After I click on sketch (I acts like its going to load something then it > craps out and I get the message above. > > I running windows2000,pIII 800 machine, with 192mb of memory and AtiRage 128 > pro video card. > >
Reply to
Corey Scheich

michaeln

Maybe try selecting a plane before clicking sketch. Otherwise for some reason your template may be corrupt. Maybe get sp4.0.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Sounds to me like a video card issue. That video card is kinda flaky with SWX. You could try updating to the latest driver, or pick up a nVidia GeForce card. Even the MX series work much better than the ATI Rage series.

HTH, Leo

Reply to
Leo Hursh

i would suggest too that 192mb isn't enough try 512mb-also check pagefile size

Reply to
neil