Joystick in Solidworks

I do mainly drawing work so don't see the need for the spaceball and was wondering if anyone has successfully used a joystick or something similar to control solidworks? I think one of those joysticks with the

8 way joypads on top and a bunch of programmable buttons would work really well. I know stickworks used to be out there but I can't find in anymore. Does anyone have any ideas?
Reply to
lavs23

I remember a prog called "stickworks" (Diving Magpie? NHCad?). That was back in '97 or '98, never tried it.

HIH

JM

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc

"Jean Marc" wrote in news:449962b5$0$22469$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

That was Divng Magpie. Trevor D'Arcy Evans (hope I spelled that right) was the one behind that, and he works for SW now in API support. I can't find any trace of it on Google, and I don't have a copy lying around. I never got it working because of OS compatability problems.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I seem to remember some people using the Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander thing in the past - I don't know if it's still available though!

Kev

Reply to
alphawave