SOLIDWORKS CRASH

Hello, I use solidworks at work and I have a copy at home to learn API programming. Of course the one at home has been cracked. I work under windows XP and whenever I rebuild a drawing (never a part or an assembly) Solidworks crashes. This behavior started from the 2004 release and it happens on other two computers I have tried. Of course, being the program cracked, I can't use the service packs. Does anyone have an idea about it? Do you have crack that allows me to install the service packs? Thank you for any help Jacopo

Reply to
Jacopo

This is not that sort of forum, thankfully

Your best solution would be to bring home a dongle from work

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Take it back to the crackers. Maybe they can figure out what SolidWorks can't seem to, why SW crashes more frequently when a drawing and it's assembly or part is open during switching.

Reply to
kellnerp

I don't use it at home to make extra money, but just to improve my skills and the productivity of my company that pays for twenty licenses of SW. Maybe you are rich enough to spend 7000$ for training at home, but I am not. Since you have such moral problems you could give me that money. Bye "Andrew Troup" ha scritto nel messaggio news:JXDwc.937$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xtra.co.nz...

Reply to
Jacopo

"Jacopo" wrote in news:ZFHwc.95042$ snipped-for-privacy@twister1.libero.it:

There are legal ways to use the software at home without spending extra money, and if you use those legal ways you could get real support for your problem instead of morally superior wisecracks.

My suggestion is to go to the people that sold you the legal copies at work and ask them about the home use licensing. You will find little sympathy or cooperation here for people who use illegal software, regardless of how you justify it.

matt

Reply to
matt

Thank you Matt, but I have already tried with the supplier of SW here in italy. They told me there is just a SW student license but, unfortunately, I am not a student. I knew Solidworks first among all the 3D cad programs because a friend of mine had a cracked copy. I learn it at home and, when my company decided to buy a 3D program I pushed for it because I had already seen its potential. Doing what I did, I think I didn't stel a license to Solidworks but in the long run I made them gain 20. And this is for any other program. Provided you don't use it to make money, it would be convenient for software houses allowing people to learn them at home because tomorrow morning, when they go to work, they will want the same program to work on. Sometimes right or wrong has more to do with grey than with black and white but for some people like Andrew is easier thinking the latter way. Thank you anyway for your kind reply. Bye Jacopo

"matt" ha scritto nel messaggio news:Xns95008C55FA26Dmlombardfrontiernetn@66.133.130.30...

Reply to
Jacopo

There is a link on the following page that will allow you to download a good crack.

Jeff N

I always like to try these things, and now I feel just like...well, you know.

Thanks a lot a**hole - I'm still jumpy.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I knew you were running a cracked version. ;p~ LOL

Reply to
Jeff N

I've also made a mental note - turn off speakers.

Reply to
Richard Doyle

If your company has 20 seats and your reseller told you that you are not allowed to get a home copy then the only thief is your reseller. Contact solidworks directly and explain the situation. Tell them that you would like to switch resellers while you're at it.

Respecto

Reply to
cadishaq

Thank you for your comprehension. I am currently on the process of coming to US for three months and I am thinking of buying a license there if the cost is convenient. I guess it is, since the price doesn't have to pass through a chain of resellers. In Italy the basic professional package of Solidworks with no add-in is more or less 7500-8000$. If you are from US can you tell me how much would I spend there to buy the license, even approximately? Thank you very much. Yours faithfully, Jacopo "cadishaq" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

unfortunately, I

Reply to
Jacopo

"Jacopo" wrote in news:REVyc.54810$ snipped-for-privacy@twister2.libero.it:

I'm guessing this is not just a language problem here. You are not understanding what people are telling you.

First, none of us here is friendly toward using pirated software

Second, you don't have to pirate the software to use it at home, part of the license agreement is the ability to use the software at home. Read your license agreement. You can find it under Help, About SolidWorks, License Agreement. If your reseller will not help you with this, then as someone else has already said, you should find another reseller and/or contact SolidWorks directly.

Third, even in the US you would have to buy from a reseller. Plus, you may have some problem putting SolidWorks software intended for the US on an OS intended for Europe. If the US reseller finds out you are taking the software back to Europe, they may not sell to you.

There are 3 levels: SolidWorks (US$4k), SolidWorks Office ($5k) and SolidWorks Office Professional ($5.5k)

Reply to
matt