Old Solidworks version

Hi,

I'm wondering if there would be a LEGAL way to buy an old version (say 2000 ) of Solidworks for those that can't pay the latest one.

I do insist that I want to legally buy an old version at discount price.

Sincerely,

John.

Reply to
John

I would contact a VAR and see what they could do for you..

Reply to
tnik

John

Not sure if that might be availabe. May be you can get it from some one who wants to sell his old version.

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer

But thats only if they don't use solidworks anymore.. the license numbers transfer from version to version, right?

Reply to
tnik

...and I thought that license numbers were not transferable, right? So technically I don't think you can "legally" do that. I think the reason it's a no-no is that if I didn't use SWx anymore, but had a version of

2001-plus and legally sold it to this guy for $50, couldn't he then pay the penalty to SWx for subscription service and get a new 2008 version for substantially less than if he just bought 2008 as a new customer?

IYM

Reply to
IYM

If you can get the package, you still have another issue about service packs. It's very doubtful that swx would/could come up with old service packs. some users may have them archived. I don't think you want to be using any swx release at sp0.0

bill

Reply to
bill allemann

Reply to
WhiteRabbit

most people have so much trouble with early sp's that they don't use a release in production until the final

1 or 2 sp's. If you don't have problems, it may simply be a matter of whether or not your usage coincides with the issues that are fixed along the way. You may happen to not push swx on the issues with the problems. Certain (many) users run into show stopper problems and wait for the issues to be resolved before doing production work. An archive search on this newsgroup and will hit thousands of posts dealing with bugs, etc that later get fixed (again and again, unfortunately) on upcoming service packs.

bill

Reply to
bill allemann