Office 2000 or 2003

I have been using Office 97 with the latest patches. I see in the release notes for SW2004, that Office (Excel) 2000 must be used for design tables or if one wants to use the old BOM.

Office 2003 has just been released. I am wondering if as long as I am going to buy a new version of Office if it would be better to get the latest version. SW website says nothing about Office 2003.

Comments anyone? Win2000 Pro, sp3

TIA,

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

I kinda feel like I'm talking to myself here, but perhaps I can help somebody by posting what I learned. And that is that Excel 97 still works. End of story.

I just edited an old design table- no problem. I just inserted an Excel-style BOM- no problem.

Maybe SWX just posts that thing about Office 2k being required to help their buddy Mr. Gate$ line his pockets with more of our cash .

fwiw,

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger