MS Office

does MS Office (Excel) need to be installed if Excel based BOM's aren't being used, or does Excel get used for other functions? sw2006sp5 Thanks, Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

design tables would be the only other thing, beside the design journal which uses Word.

Reply to
matt

It gets used for design tables as well. There may be other uses, but I'm not familiar with them.

Jerry Steiger

I forgot about design tables. Thanks guys. Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

The design journal includes a word document by default, but anyhting can be included. I frequently add .pdf files.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Can the Open Office spreadsheet be used in place of excel for design tables, etc.?

Reply to
ms

Not seamlessly. I don't have office on my laptop which I use mainly for travel and transfer. The excel tables show up as empty boxes on the drawings. I am hot sure of the effects on design tabled parts an assemblies. I do have open office but it doesn't seem to be recognized within solidworks. I would be delight if someone know how to make it work as I am loath to purchase another copy of office for the few times I need solidworks to refer to it on my laptop.

Reply to
Marty