Switching form 2000 to 2004 or 2004LT

Hi-

I need your opinion/comments/advice/experiences etc...

I work at a civil engineering firm and since AutoCAD 2000 'expires' we are considering upgrading to 2004. As you all know, AutoCAD and AutoCAD licenses are a bit on the expensive side,and we're a small firm so there if we don't need to spend the money we'd prefer not to.

So here's the deal, we were wondering what the differences are between the full version, and the LT (lite) version and what people have heard/experienced etc.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
lilmissgiggles

The great Autodesk machine has brainwashed you too. Who will know the difference whether or not you still use Acad 2000? There is not enough difference to justify a few thousand dollars. Stick with your version unless you just like buying new versions.

I need your opinion/comments/advice/experiences etc...

I work at a civil engineering firm and since AutoCAD 2000 'expires' we are considering upgrading to 2004. As you all know, AutoCAD and AutoCAD licenses are a bit on the expensive side,and we're a small firm so there if we don't need to spend the money we'd prefer not to.

So here's the deal, we were wondering what the differences are between the full version, and the LT (lite) version and what people have heard/experienced etc.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
Cleanbean

=_NextPart_000_0096_01C3C4D2.F9A210B0

You don't get 3d, lisp, vba, compatability with many 3rd pary applications and raster image support. (There are some 3rd party apps for LT that enable lisp and some other features though).

That said we do have several copies used for general drafting and it's identical to AutoCAD so it's not a bad option if you don't need the extra capabilities.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Arheit

=_NextPart_000_001B_01C3C538.ADD53F20

I our case, just the unhappy clients that want drawings in the new version, and unhappy boss when he finds out we lost the clients. And yes, I know 2000 is basically compatible with 2004 (with some exceptions), but it's not likely to be compatible with the future versions.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Arheit

The great Autodesk mach In our case, just the unhappy clients that want drawings in the new version, and unhappy boss when he finds out we lost the clients. And yes, I know 2000 is basically compatible with 2004 (with some exceptions), but it's not likely to be compatible with the future versions.

We've already had problems with coverting drawings from 2004 down to 2000, and that was with one of our major clients (luckily they were understanding!). Needless to say we don't want any MORE 'problems'...

Reply to
lilmissgiggles