From illegal to legit

Hi
Everyone of us in my office is using an illegal copy of 2006 full
version. Naughty, naughty I hear you lot say. My bosses want to become
legit now and are thinking of going down the route of upgrading (as
opposed to buying a new version outright) our illegal 2006 full version
to a legit 2007LT. Bearing these facts in mind, I have a couple of
questoins to ask:
1) how 'dodgy' is it to upgrade from an illegal copy to a legit copy.
Does it make the 2007LT version legit or still 'dodgy'.
2) Could we actually upgrade to 2007LT from a 'dodgy' copy. Do you
think there is something in 2007LT that detects a 'dodgy' copy and then
refuses to upgrade the software
3) can you actually upgarde from a 2006 full version to 2007LT
(actually, I think we are downgrading by going back to LT, but I'm not
the one holing the pursestrings a nd so legit copies of the full
version of 2007 are a pipe dream.
Hope all that makes sense.
TIA
Mike
Reply to
NumboJumbo
remove 2006 from your computer now and install 2007LT
remove 2006 from your computer now and install 2007LT
remove 2006 from your computer now and install 2007LT Autocad 2006 and autocad 2007LT are two different creatures. you cannot upgrade from 2006 to 2007LT
remove 2006 from your computer now and install 2007LT
Reply to
jojo
Just remember NOT to tell the rep's what you are doing (:
Seriously... we had an Architectural firm here that (a while back) was running several illegal licences... they decided to get fully licenced. So they told AutoCAD that 'we would like to become legal with our licenses". AutoCAD sent them the Lawyers instead.
Once you have the LT licenses.. you might want to consider getting something like DRCauto to enable LISP, etc. Well worth the cost IF you really need any full operational AutoCAD software.
Regards,
BruceF
Reply to
Mr. B
Hi to all
Thanks for all your answers. It's given me some insight on how to report back to the powers that be.
Mike
Mr. B wrote:
Reply to
NumboJumbo