from Personal edition SW 06 to SW 05

I am learning. I am working between a personal ediiton of SW2006 and a full version of 2005. If I make a part in 2006 version, is there a way I can transfer the part or sketch's to the 2005 version? step files, copy paste, what are the path's. Some experienced user input is appreciated.

Reply to
billyb

The only way to take a file from 2006 to 2005 would be either export by STEP, Parasolids, ACIS or IGES. The only thing I'm not sure is if you will be able to bring a personal edition file into a full version. Most programs will not let you work between the personal & full version.

If you can import a STEP, Parasolids, ACIS or IGES file you will get a dumb solid with no feature tree history when importing into SW05.

This is the way it works when trying to import into an older version of SW (or any 3D parametric CAD program).

I suspect this will not work for you as you will want to have the complete feature tree.

Cheers,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

You can't export any 3D file formats from the PE.

You should never edit any files created in or edited in PE in a commercial license - regardless of version. The "watermark" will propagate to other files. It cannot be removed.

Reply to
jimsym