Assembly mates

In an assembly, how can you view just the mates that were used to place a certian part without getting all the other mates showing up from parts that are stuck to the subject part? SW2006 Thanks.

Reply to
tjones2

There should be a folder under each of the parts in the assembly that have the mates for that specific part. This is different than the MateGroup folder that is at the bottom of the tree. You should also be able to RMB on each of the parts and select the VIEW MATES. This should show the mates of that part in a split feature tree.

If I've interpreted you correctly, you want (for example) the 3 mates that you added when you first inserted the component.

The only way to do this is create a separate mates folder for each component and move the relevant mates into it.

The system can't do what you are asking, because as far as it is concerned the "other mates showing up from parts that are stuck to the subject part" might be the ones that define its position. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't try to solve mates in the order you applied them, but effectively creates a (potentially) huge matrix of simultaneous equations that it has to solve in one go.

John H

Reply to
John H