SW2006 Mates strangeness '06 SP20.1

Ok, I'm having some very odd stuff going on with mates in SW2006 Sp2.1.

I go to make one component, and another moves, despite the fact that it's fixed with other mates and has in context stuff relating to it, which then all updtaes as though it were ok for that part to move...

I know I'm not being very clear, it's a very strange thing that's going on - anyone else seeing messed up mates in SW2006 SP2.1

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - Factory

Did a lot of matings today and no problems so far....Sp2.1

//Krister

Lee Bazalgette - Factory skrev:

Reply to
Krister_L

Hmm. I'm not sure what's happening without seeing your assembly. Do you have all other parts completely mated, with no (-) in front?

If the other parts are not yet fully mated, but you wish to keep them in place temporarily, you could possibly accomplish this by selecting the part(s) and right-clicking and choosing "Fix" for the part(s) that you don't want to move, then after mating/moving the desired part(s), you can select and switch back to "Float" by right-clicking again. I usually try to fully mate all parts in an assembly one at a time as I insert them, but of course there are sometimes exceptions.

Hope this helps,

-JOSH

Reply to
Josh

Oh yeah. I've definitely seen that too. Things that are fully mated can move when you mate other parts to them. It's quite shocking to see it happen, and I used to hit Undo each time and verify that it's fully mated/doesnt move, etc. Eventually I tried leaving it in place, and I saw that during the very next rebuild it snaps back to where it should be. I'm not sure of any SPRs on this topic, but there's also a thread on the SolidWorks.com discussion groups about this if I remember.

-Kevin

"Lee Bazalgette - Factory" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@eunomia.uk.clara.net...

Reply to
Kevin Silbert

There seems to be an SPR in due to be fixed in SP3.0

John Layne

John Layne

I heard Thursday from our VAR that the early visibility on SP3 will be any day, have not checked Solidworks site today. Usually this means that the release version will be out a week later, barring major issues in the software. Brad

Reply to
Brad

By any chance is your assembly exploded?

Reply to
TOP

No. But I DO have a section view on... I wonder if this causes problems...?

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Silbert