Failed to Save in SWx 2008 ...

have you seen this error yet in SWx 2008?

i have one installation here that is demonstrating this issue multiple times. i am working with my VAR on the issue. basically it is to find out why we cannot save/save-as anywhere but the copy files from the find references still works. the only difference here is that this user has a 3D connexion device (space explorer, software version

3.6.6).

i am curious to know if others have seen this issue in this version of software? if you had then was the user using one of these 3D input devices? again if this is true then what version of software were they using?

we are using SWx 2008 SP 3.0 on XP64 computers. the user in question has 10GB ram. iQ

Reply to
iQ

I saw it a couple times. It used to happen a lot around the SW2001 time period. Do you have any network problems?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Can't say I have. I have a 3dconnexion device, running 2k8sp4.0EV2, but I'm not on xp64, running 32bit.. maybe try the upgrade to 3.1? or just do a fresh install of 3.1 just to rule out a corrupted install/files? that would be my first mode of attack.

Reply to
tnik

"> have you seen this error yet in SWx 2008?

I just ran into it last week. 2008,sp3.1 on a machne running XP 32 bit with an Intel Core2 Duo E6850 with 4gb ram and a Quadro FX 1600M. No 3d Connexion device.

I was taking a completed design and substituting a new part so that I could revise it and use for the next job. I did it one way and saw this message after correcting some errors and then trying to save. I bailed out and approached it from a different angle. I had no problem saving the second time around.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Thank you all for the input.

network is stable and properly setup. i do all CAD installs personally and i know that they are done correctly.

we do push the software quite a lot. and the user in question is my lead engineer that does most of the big picture design. he loads the most files, runs Cosmos and maximizes the CPU for long periods at a time. he is a real CAD wrangler. anyway his 3D imput device is the only difference from his computer and all others in our group. i am troubleshooting with VAR on the differences and i wanted to have an idea if this 3D input device might be the cause or part of the issue.

still working with them on why save and save-as do not work in this situation but the copy files in find references works. so far i got some information from SWx thru VAR that the only differences is the copy files works differently with the file permissions. we are still awaiting clarification on what that means. iQ

Reply to
iQ