Vista SW 2008 sp1 errors

Has anyone seen these errors?
WHen I start SW or when I open a part,drawing or assembly (and when
each part of the assy is resolved) I receive the following errors
"The specified procedure could not be found" I click ok then I
receive the following:
Could not load SW DLL: sldapiu.dll
I guess I am going to uninstall and reinstall.
Darn
Monty
Reply to
Monty
i have seen bad installed files before. typically with the SLDpatternu.dll. had to get new one from VAR in 2 versions of SWx (2006 & 2007). so i would suspect that this might be the issue here. if still does not work after reinstall then call VAR. iQ
Reply to
iQ
In all fairness, from comments I see, I still wonder why anyone would want to load Beta CAD software on a Beta OS release, unless you just don't have enough work to do.
Yeah I am being to obstreperous, but there are only so many days in a life.
Bo
Reply to
Bo
Hi Darn,
Please follow theese steps if you are using SolidWorks 2008 and MS Vista: 1 Install SolidWorks 2008 Service Pack 0.0 2 Install Service Pack 0.1 3 Install Service Pack 1.0 From Service Pack 0.1 This is the only way that you have to install Service Pack 1.0 without problems.
If you follow theese steps sldapiu.dll works fine
Best Regards
Roberto
Reply to
roby0478
You're not the only one. I was told that uninstalling SP0 and installing using SP1 using the installation manager would correct this issue, but that did not work for me. SW just won't load.
Reply to
scoutn

Site Timeline