Vista SW 2008 sp1 errors

Has anyone seen these errors?

WHen I start SW or when I open a part,drawing or assembly (and when each part of the assy is resolved) I receive the following errors "The specified procedure could not be found" I click ok then I receive the following: Could not load SW DLL: sldapiu.dll

I guess I am going to uninstall and reinstall.

Darn

Monty

Reply to
Monty

i have seen bad installed files before. typically with the SLDpatternu.dll. had to get new one from VAR in 2 versions of SWx (2006 & 2007). so i would suspect that this might be the issue here. if still does not work after reinstall then call VAR. iQ

Reply to
iQ

In all fairness, from comments I see, I still wonder why anyone would want to load Beta CAD software on a Beta OS release, unless you just don't have enough work to do.

Yeah I am being to obstreperous, but there are only so many days in a life.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Hi Darn,

Please follow theese steps if you are using SolidWorks 2008 and MS Vista:

1 Install SolidWorks 2008 Service Pack 0.0 2 Install Service Pack 0.1 3 Install Service Pack 1.0 From Service Pack 0.1 This is the only way that you have to install Service Pack 1.0 without problems.

If you follow theese steps sldapiu.dll works fine

Best Regards

Roberto

Reply to
roby0478

You're not the only one. I was told that uninstalling SP0 and installing using SP1 using the installation manager would correct this issue, but that did not work for me. SW just won't load.

Reply to
scoutn

sp1.1 fixed this for me Monty

Reply to