more 'failed to save document' - now in win32!

I'm receiving this message now in win32 sw2007 sp1 working on a local drive. sigh..............

Reply to
Zander

You're not alone

It seems to be a bug that crept in with SW2006 SP5.

SW2006 SP5 also GPFs when using the linear pattern function.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

Not for me. Within the last week I have made linear patterns of features and components. Is there more specific information?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I have received that error, but I traced it to the action of deleting a block definition in a drawing when there were instances of that definition still on the sheet and the instances didn't completely highlight to delete. The definition would delete, leaving the instances, and then it would fail to save.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

This is happening to me under very typical circumstances. with an assembly and a few parts open, saving occasionly while modelling and editing parts etc. Suddenly when trying to save this message will appear.

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Zander

This can happen to you if your virus software is scanning the file while you are trying to save to it. Give that a shot. Either turn off the AV or limit it so that it doesn't scan SW files.

Reply to
matt

Good idea - I'll try that, although I just read in another thread here that this is supposedly a sp1.0 bug of sw2007?

matt wrote:

Reply to
Zander

the SW site confirms that only for 64 bit, not 32 bit.

Reply to
matt

Reply to
L Z