more 'failed to save document' - now in win32!

You're not alone
It seems to be a bug that crept in with SW2006 SP5.
SW2006 SP5 also GPFs when using the linear pattern function.
Reply to
Tim Markoski
Not for me. Within the last week I have made linear patterns of features and components. Is there more specific information?
Reply to
Dale Dunn
I have received that error, but I traced it to the action of deleting a block definition in a drawing when there were instances of that definition still on the sheet and the instances didn't completely highlight to delete. The definition would delete, leaving the instances, and then it would fail to save.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
This is happening to me under very typical circumstances. with an assembly and a few parts open, saving occasionly while modelling and editing parts etc. Suddenly when trying to save this message will appear.
Wayne Tiffany wrote:
Reply to
Zander
This can happen to you if your virus software is scanning the file while you are trying to save to it. Give that a shot. Either turn off the AV or limit it so that it doesn't scan SW files.
Reply to
matt
Good idea - I'll try that, although I just read in another thread here that this is supposedly a sp1.0 bug of sw2007?
matt wrote:
Reply to
Zander
We have 2 seats here of 2007 running on 64 bit machines. Both are running the 32 bit SolidWorks version. When we upgraded to SP 1, we started getting the failed to save error on both machines. It seemed to happen after creating 3-4 features or edits to the model and then saving. It could happen either in the part model or in an assembly. Workaround was to save as. We switched back to SP 0 and that seemed to solve the problem. The same thing happened with the x64 version of SolidWorks SP 1 installed. Our VAR turned in a request last week on this. Service Request Number: [SR:1-367144661] VAR SR# Lynnz
matt wrote:
Reply to
L Z

Site Timeline