Linking to BOM item numbers

I can't figure out a way to link to the BOM item numbers. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

For example, on an assembly drawing, I'd like to have notes saying:

"Insert item 10 into item 11".

I want "item 10" and "item 11" to link to the BOM numbers so that as the assembly changes, I don't have to keep changing the notes (I've got lots of notes and item numbers).

Any advice?

Thanks.

Reply to
james

Take a look at this article. (It is not exactly what you looking for but it may help)

HOW TO LINK A DETAIL NUMBER CUSTOM PROPERTY TO A BOM BALLOON

raulsimental

Take a look at this article. (It is not exactly what you looking for but it may help)

HOW TO LINK A DETAIL NUMBER CUSTOM PROPERTY TO A BOM BALLOON

raulsimental

I don't know of any GOOD way to do it - that's at the top of my list every year.

A not so good way is to throw some balloons out there that will change properly, remove the arrows, and carefully place them so you can put text around them and group the whole schmere. Now, that being said, I don't do it because it's too much work - I generally try to avoid using item numbers in notes - describe the item instead.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Another way of doing that would be to call out Part's Number in notes rather than Item's Number. Subject, of course, that the Part Number and the File name for that part is the same. This is a work flow I adhere to vigorously. Is it feasible for you?

Igor.

Reply to
Igor Mironenko