Ideas/ suggestions for "freezing" BOM

The BOM updates automatically which is not bad for the first time that a drawing set is issued. However, when the "as-builds" are updated there is no guarantee that the BOM will be close to the origional. This makes it extremely hard to note, verify the changes etc.

I have always liked to place a revision symbol next to the BOM items that have changed, however if the item numbers are different, the symbols will be in the wrong place. Even a good detailed revision note could say something about which item numbers have changed but if the item numbers are transient this could easily generate errors.

Is there a good way of handling this? Should this be a request to SW for "freezing" the BOM.

Thanks,

Ed

Reply to
Ed

I prefer to have the BOM follow the assy order, thereby not changing as easily. I also believe you can tell it to not change the item numbers, but I haven't used that.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

in drawing, tools>options>document properties>detailing>Bill of Materials>Uncheck Auto Update

Reply to
kenneth