Drawing Excel BOM units

In SW2004, the units displayed in the Excel BOM are controlled by the drawing units, and can be consistently changed back & forth between decimal & fraction by changing the drawing units.

IN SW2005, at best, it appears to be inconsistent. Once in a while I can get it to do it, but for the most part, I'm finding that to get fractions, I have to set the model file units, rather than the drawing units.

The main issue here is that for some jobs, we are still stuck on Ft-In (which you already know my opinion) and to help improve that, we have a BOM that allows the use of the length model property, rather than a number typed in. That way, if the length changes, the BOM updates.

Anyone else seeing this?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

WT,

Still no answer? Well then, you'll just have to go with what we discussed and saw today. If you have other issues, I'm not driving 4.5 hours just to see it again like I did today....

Ohh, I told your VAR's techie, so he ought to call you, or his boss ought to stop by Friday like he said he might....

Mr. Pickles

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

Has this gone to deaf ears?

Wayne, we see the same problem with the "Excel based BOM routine" in

2005. We would like to go forward with the "Non-Excel based BOM routine, but find some shortcomings. Specifically, we show multiple configurations of an assembly on one drawing sheet. We can't get the Item marks to consistantly match from view to view when we do this. The "Excel Based" BOM was more flexible.

Even if we could use the other BOM Table, why did they change the Excel Based BOM routine if they intend to obsolete it in the near future!

Our fight goes on!

Reply to
Ron Waligora

Fixed in SP1.1!