Someone please try this for me to see if maybe I'm just nuts or something.
In a drawing:
- Set the units to feet & inches, fractions, denominator 64, but not round to the nearest fraction.
- Set the dual units to inches, decimal, 3 places.
- Draw a line and dimension it to some even fraction.
- Turn on dual dimension for it.
- At this point you should see an even fraction on the bottom and a decimal inch number on the top, assuming your positions match mine.
- Now change that dimension to make the primary units round the fraction. At this point the top dual dimension changes to millimeters.
If you set the drawing units to round the fraction, it works fine. But if you set the individual dimension to round, it plops metric into the dual spot! Or, is it just me????
Actually as I just try a bit more I find that it doesn't matter what the system units or the dimension primary units are set to - if you take the dimension off system units, and dual dimension it, the dual will always be millimeters, with no apparent way to change it.