Dimensions

Working mainly on European designs I'm used to metric dimensioning but out of the blue comes this work from the US. However, working in Imperial is OK its just the dimensions that are the problem. These guys want the dimensions in fractions (its like being in a time warp but it pays the rent). Is there a way of making the fraction part of the dimension smaller that the whole number - e.g.. to stop eleven sixteenths looking like one and one sixteenth.

The customer uses SW 2004 so I'm using SW2004 SP4.1 for this project.

Is what I need here possible (why do I have the feeling it's not!)

Thanks .... Roger

Reply to
Alphadraw

It is, Document Properties - Units - Inches (tick the Fractions Box). It would probably worth while making some Imperial templates as it's a PITA having to change this setting for every document. Watch the rounding up/down of the fractions or your gonna hit trouble. Long time since i've worked in Imperial but it should be fun (:.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Alphadraw, missread your post so please disregard, Monday morning blues.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Lawson

The only thing I know of to do is try different fonts. Roman D is usable, but still has the possibility of misreading.

Unfortunately, some people still feel fractions are more useful than decimal.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

It is amazing what some people consider usefull units. I work with some welders and pipefitters who complain when my drawings are in inches; they want feet, inches and fractions! Every dimension needs 3 different conversions to be useful. I end up designing in decimal inches, then use dual units and dimension in inches and fractions, and in feet/inches/fractions. Boy do I miss using SI units!

Jeff Carson City, NV

Reply to
Jeff, Deanna, Morgan & Delaney Fine