How can I set parts to stop on collision in assemblies?

Hi,

I'm building up a small assembly (only a dozen or so parts) that is essentially forming a rocker type of switch.

I want to animate the movement, but I need to set the movement so that is stops on collision with a fixed part.

I'm not finding how to do this.

I looked at stop on collision when dragging parts manually, but apart from it not seeming to be exactly what I need, when I looked in closely after the 'stop on collision' I could see the parts were not actually collided either, just very close. ??

Using SW2004 FYI.

Reply to
me

Move Component tool has an option for collision detection. I believe it is best if you get rid of fasteners. I played with it once but didn't get too far since it wasn't a priority.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich