deleting an Excel based BOM

Does anyone know how to delete an Excel based BOM from a drawing? I've been trying to change a drawing from an Excel based BOM to a SW BOM.

I can click on Excel BOM and delete it but (although it's gone) SW2004R3 is saying I can't insert a SW base BOM until I've deleted the Excel one.

OK. So how do I convince SW that I really have deleted the Excel one?

Bob - Toronto

Reply to
Bob

Check the design tree and when all else fails CTRL-Q and try again.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

The BOM is gone from the tree although an "anchor point" still shows in the Template (which says it can't be deleted). Cntl-Q doesn't help. I thought it was simple but I guess I'll try my vendor unless anyone else has some ideas.

Reply to
Bob

I tried it and found the same thing. However, persistence paid off. My guess is that you have an Excel based BOM tied to another view - you have to get rid of ALL of them in the drawing, not just the one tied to a particular view.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You were right, that did the trick! Thanks very much.

Reply to
Bob