Table based BOM's vs. Excel Based BOMs. Which do you prefer, and why?

I've been experimenting a tiny bit with Table based BOM's and Excel based BOM's. Which do you prefer, and why?
Ideally, I'd like to alter some information, such as Qty's, etc. in the
BOM, but not have it get erased if the BOM updates, etc.
I use Excel-based BOM's for the following reasons:
* Can run Excel API code on the embedded table * Easy to copy/paste items from the table * easy to set up display of any custom property data * can do internal cell functions
However, there's much they leave to be desired that the new tables address (hiding items, formatting, speed, etc.)
I have totally switched to the SW BOM, mainly to be able to wrap the text. Resizing is a click and drag, although the clearance around the text isn't perfect. Being able to tie several drawing views to a BOM is an advantage in keeping the balloons matching, as is being able to show multiple configs in the one BOM. Items can be turned off, reorganized, etc, and you can look at the BOM to see if you have missed any balloons.
WT

We use excel based BOM's.
*Easy to cut and paste to another excel document. *Do calculations in excel
We use this to calculate amount of sheet material (plywood, acrylic...) we need for a part.
We don't like how excel can't reference properties with a space (i.e. "Part Name")
Can you export a SW-Bom?
-Blair
Yes you can export the SW-Bom. Click on it and go to File-Save As. There is an option to save it as a CSV file.