Multiple configs in BOM for parts on a drawing

With the new SW BOM you can have more than one config referenced and therefore show the common and non-common parts in an orderly fashion. But it only works with an assy.

We had an application here where the guy wanted to show a family of a part that had 5 configs, each differing in length, in one SW BOM. He also had 3 part families that he was showing on this drawing. To accomplish his desire to group each family in its own BOM, we created a dummy assy with one each of the 5 config parts, and then used that as the basis for the BOM. Worked pretty well, and gave him the drawing look he desired.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany