BOM multiple repeats

I am having a problem with the BOM in SW 2003. On one file only, the BOM repeats 2 more times (end to end) when I try to print or preview the sheet. Every time I preview the print, it will add another two iterations of its self to the end. If I look at it three times it will have 6 iterations. What is going on? Can anyone help?

Reply to
anon

You probably have a "corrupt" excel template file. It seems that SW is real picky on how you change it's default BOM excel files. Try deleting the BOM & reinserting a new one.

Matt B.

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

I'm not a BOM expert, and I don't play one on TV, but I seem to recall a post in this group in the last month or so saying that deleting any of the columns that SW requires will cause this type of behavior.

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

This is correct. Instead of deleting these columns hide them and you won't have the problem of the BOM's repeating.

Ken

Reply to
CSWP

FYI

You can have a collumn not show but leave it in the bom template.

Open the template and right click the collumn you don't want to show and select hide from the list.

My VAR was nice enough to show me this when I had problems with corrupt BOM tables.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Darn IT you beat me by a minute

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Thaks for the tip. By the way, I suspect someone from this group is bombarding me with a "microsoft update" worm. and I am trying to do something about it. It has happened on two computers that I have used to post on this group. Has anyone else had a problem?

Reply to
anon

When posting in a news group it is always wise to "munge" your email address. Bots do patrol NG's looking for valid email addies. I have added "NOSPAM" in caps in front of mine for example. That way most people can figure out what to remove from the email addy to get in touch with me..

Matt B.

iterations.

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

A bunch of us are under attack. See the thread "OT: Getting Spam mail that fills my box". I've set up some rules that take care of most of it and have Norton Antivirus active which has stripped out 1360 copies of this worm from my arriving e-mails since last Friday.

Dave H

iterations.

Reply to
Dave H

This happens when the name in excel is not defined correctly. Go into the excel BOM. Look at the column titles and click on the one that is item. make sure that the name in the upper left corner of the spreadsheet is itemno do the same for part number. make sure the name reads "partno" You may change the title in the cell but you may not change the name associated to the cell.

HTH, Steve Davis

Reply to
Steve Davis