Splitting of BOM into two parts

Hello,

I have a large BOM which does not fit on a A4 sized sheet. Therefore I want to split it into two parts and copy one part to another A4 sheet in the same drawing file. Is it possible or which other solution is possible?

Thanks for any help!

Markus

Reply to
ML

First split the BOM were you like. Now select the BOM portion that you would like to be on the next sheet. Go to Edit and cut it. Now go to your second sheet and paste it here. It will update and everything just like normal. This is how I have done it in the past. These instructinos are from memory so the actual process may vary slightly.

Reply to
jlbeen

== First split the BOM were you like. Now select the BOM portion that

==

Reply to
Eddie

Hello,

Eddie schrieb:

I tried it but I get only the message "this object can not be copied to the clipboard". I use the table based BOM in SolidWorks 2006. Do you have any other idea?

Thanks

Markus

Reply to
ML

Ok, I tried it and got it to work. Hold down the alt. key when you select your BOM portion that you want to take to the new sheet. (this selects the BOM itself regardless of were on the BOM you pick) Now go to edit and hit "cut". The selected protion of the BOM disapears. Now go to the new sheet and hold down the ctrl. key and hit the letter "V" (windows hot key for paste if you didn't know). For some reason the paste option under the edit drop down menu is grayed out and not available. I just tried it and this worked for me. Good luck!!!!!

Reply to
jlbeen

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

Wow, thanks! It works!