Optimal Settings

Anyone have a list of SW settings for optimal performance. I am having poor drawing perfomance, views disappearing and explosding, I am trying to see if it may be my settings. Also when we convert drawings to TIFF files we often see issues, the dimensions moving on us and stuff.

Thanks, Stew

Reply to
thestew

That's normal.

I am assuming you are doing fair sized assemblies.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Matt Lombard has some rules of thumb on his website. The latest is for SW06, but I would guess that most of it still applies.

Jerry Steiger

Depends on what is considered big, we are dealing with maybe 200 to

300 part assemblies. We use alot of section views, thats what gives us the most problems.
Reply to
thestew

That's normal. We do assemblies on the order of 5,000 parts and it generally takes a week or two to complete them on really fast hardware. 2004 was better. One performance help can be to hide all views but the one you are working on at the time. Another is to work in shaded mode.

Set wireframe as low as you can without losing lines. That is in document props/image quality.

Make sure all assemblies have no red balls or other problems. Eliminate as many in context features as possible.

TOP

Reply to
TOP