SW Help

I was just wondering if SW can convert a part or assemblies into drawings automatically.

or do I need to draw manually?

Thanx

Reply to
F1Fan

solidworks is a 3d modeller which means 2d drawings(including sections, alternative views,details etc) can be easily extracted from your constructed parts and assemblies and you can add your own 2d bits and blocks as you require. there is an auto dimension function too suggest you find a user local to you and go look over their shoulder for a while cheers

Reply to
neil

First of all you might want to have a VAR or another SW user show you how drawings are made. A lot is already automated. You certainly don't have to draw much, most work will be oriented toward the drafting side, notes, dimensions, etc. Having a look see will answer a lot of questions.

Second, in the API section of the SW website there is code from SWW when they presented on automating drawings. This code is pretty simple and will take the process a step further.

Third, if the model or assembly was put together to show design > I was just wondering if SW can convert a part or assemblies into drawings

Reply to
kellnerp