P4 2800, 1GB Ram, 30gb Hard drive Solid Works 2006 runs really slow

Our SolidWorks CAD drawer is complaining that his machine is running really slow when he has about 4-6 drawings open at once. The tech guy
said that when opening complex drawings the CPU is running at 100%, Ram being used is only about 600MB, and theres 8GB free left on the Hard Drive.
It seems that when a drawing is opening the Hard Drive is going mad, so could it be that the HD performance is slowing things down. I've heard if we increase the Page File this will make a difference.
What can we do with either the Solidworks software or Windows to speed things up. Or Is it the PC thats just to slow and needs an upgrade.
It would be really helpful to know which model MacIntosh he is running on.
Sorry:- Windows 2000 SP4
Oops, me bad. It's in the subject line.
P4 2800, 1GB Ram, 30gb Hard drive Solid Works 2006 runs really slow
First off, we can attribute a major portion of the slow performance to:
1. Intel processor. A P4 2.8Ghz cpu is way out of date. (Dual core AMD64 2X 4800+ is about state of the art and 2006 should take advantage of the dual core in drawings.) 2. Pagefile setup. Your pagefile may not be setup right. See the SW website for instructions on how to set this up. 3. Insufficient RAM. Make sure you have enough RAM. 2GB should be enough. 4. Fragmented hard drive. Clean out temp and defrag hard drive. 5. Poor assembly technique. Clean up your assemblies for performance. See SWW presentation on assembly performance. 6. SW. SW has steadily degraded performance over the years. 7. Not hiding section, detail and other high overhead views when not in use.
Now some perspective:
I run one of the fastest systems on the newsgroup and it took me an hour to place 5 dimensions on a complex large assembly detail view two days ago.
And look up XPTC and read it before implementing it.
Here is TOP's original message.