Pro E Wildfire 2.0 (Switching Sheets)

We recently updated to Wildfire 2.0. When switching sheets in drawings it is taking forever to switch.

I have spoken to Pro tech support and they told me to check the graphics card. The card is good to go.

They also said (Go to view, update all sheets) this helps but I think there may be something else wrong, maybe some option settings or mapping.

If anyone can help it would be apprecicated

Reply to
john

Do you mean changing drawing formats on one sheet or re-ordering sheets with no format change?

We are using WF2 on XP and AFAIK no one is having a problem with either of those operations. ...yet...

If you are going to a network server to get the format files, it could be a network issue.

-Dave Adams-

Reply to
Dave Adams

Dave,

The problem is just switching from sheet to sheet not re-ordering or switching formats. The format is the same on all the sheets. Our drawing formats are pulled from a network drive.

John

Reply to
john

John, depending on the size of the model/assembly yes it can, but it' usually only when you get into a sheet. When you switch sheets th views need to update/regenerate, PTC's right graphics cards can caus this, but lots of other things can too

How long are you waiting? How many parts are in the model/assembly

Do you have a partitioned drive? How much ram are you running

Have you defragmented lately? Deleted temp data and internet data

All of these things can cause the machine to run slow and cause Blo-

to feel those effects

Remember it's like a dad always said "A clean drive is a happy driv

":

We run 2gigs and sometimes that still doesn't seem like enough. W

also create a paging file. If you don't know what this is it's wher you dedicate a portion of your have drive as ram for the computer t access. If this has never been set then a couple of things ar happening. Blindows is set to eat up most if not all of the pagin file. If you have a partitioned (split) hard drive ie. C & D o even mulitple drives the best place to set the paging file to is th D drive. So if the paging file is set so the C drive has lik

500-500 and the D drive is set to like 2000-2000 this will help. Wh use a set range? If the range is set like 2000-2000, then th computer can't decide on it's own what size to use for a pagin file

Hope this helps, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

John

It doesn't sound like its a network issue, but just to confirm you could check your system resources (using Task Manager if its Windows) to confirm that the system isn't idle while you're waiting for the next sheet to come up. Other than that, after reading Glenn's post I think I'm going to change my own settings.

-Dave Adams-

Reply to
Dave Adams