Pro/MOLDESIGN, EMX and Wildfire 2.0

Anyone out there using the Pro/MOLDESIGN module with Wildfire 2.0? If so, what are your opinions of the latest Pro/MOLDESIGN release? Also, have you tried EMX? If so, what are your opinions of it thus far?

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

The Mold Design package in WF 2.0 is pretty good, some referencing problems where they get lost for absolutely no reason. I'm hoping WF

3.0 has some real changes to it instead of just changing the look of how to do something.

I do not use EMX but our parent company in China does, and from the Mold Designs they give me it does a really nice job.

Reply to
Solids

Thanks for the feedback. We have a tooling group that is on the brink of switching over to Wildfire 2 and Pro/MOLDESIGN. I've been using Wildfire since WF1 first came out, but myself and only two other users have been on it that long at my company. We were mainly just testing the application before we rolled it out to the masses. So far I really like Wildfire 2--with a few exceptions of course.

Regards,

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

I have been using Wildfire1 and EMX4.0 for about two years now. I think works good, it's quite easy to create a mold. I'm often creating molds around imported parts and that is sometimes a real pain when I get a new, revised part, late in the creation of the mold. I don't think it is quite so easy change as the demoguy showed before we bought it.

Some things are buggy and there are always things that can be improved of course :-) I'm on my way to switch to WF2 and EMX4.1 which I hope has fixed some of my issues. I have heard that EMX5 is coming out with WF3 but I don't know anything about that.

regards Bjorn

Reply to
Bjorn Ljungdahl