Presentations Available

Thanks to all those who contributed ideas in my recent questions about selection methods. I used them to create a user group presentation for general tips, but really focussed on feature patterning methods and selection methods.

I've made a bunch of these presentations available, and thought someone might find one of them useful. You can find them at:

mysite.verizon.net/mjlombard

Follow the User Groups link for the list of presentations.

Thanks again to those who contribute!

Matt

Reply to
matt

thanks matt, your presentations are always well made :o)

Reply to
neil

Thanks to you for making the presentations, Matt!

I downloaded all of the presentations and have already picked up several nuggets. I couldn't extract either of the files from ImportExportCVSWUG.zip. The PowerPoint file gives me "Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 1037952". The Word document gives me "Error: unexpected end of file encountered."

Jerry Steiger

Thanks for pointing that out, Jerry. I fixed the zip file. That's been there for a year and no one has mentioned that it was broken.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Thanks for the review of power tools. Ican see that I need to review a tools or three that I could be taking advantage of.

I did notice one thing that was missing. Link to thickness can be enabled by manually creating a linked value named "thickness". It's not necessary to save a sheet metal part as a template.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I was trying to say that if you make the link value in the file, then delete the sketch or whatever, and save the file as a template, you won't need to make the link value when you use the template, the "link to thickness" box shows up in the extrude dialog automatically, as well as in the link value drop down.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

Matt

Reply to
matt

Thanks, Matt, the new one opens without a problem.

Jerry Steiger