help: 'failed to save document' warning

Hi,
SW2006 SP4 - I'm getting a 'failed to save document' warning when I try and
save a part. It was previously referenced in an assembly, which I closed in
order to save it as another part without messing with the references. Now I
canr save the part at all.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Lee
Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign
"Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@proxy02.news.clara.net...
Are you saving to a network? Try saving the part to your hard drive and
then saving it to the network. Don't know why it works, but that's what I
have to do once in a while.
Deb
Reply to
Deb Dowding
Hello Lee-
Having you tried saving it as a copy? Have you tried exporting it as a neutral file format?
Does this part have external references? If so, try breaking them all the way down to the sketch level. Is there an external reference to a Plane? If so, open this external reference, then try saving again.
Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

"Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@iris.uk.clara.net...
Reply to
Devon T. Sowell
Hi Devon,
Yeah tried most of what you said...but to no avail! No external references etc.
In the end closed and remodelled. IT wasn't even saving the backup copy....
Oh well, glad it wasn't a rush job.
Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign
I have seen this when available memory is lower than the swap memory, I normally quit all other applications, and even stop some processes in Task Manager that I know are not needed and that usually helped.
Brian
Reply to
behoerner

Site Timeline