Failed to save document

I repeatedly get this message when trying to save SW files (15 seats -

2003SP4.0 and 2004SP0.0 - Win2K Pro - no PDM). Sometimes the files are saved anyway, sometimes they are corrupt and sometimes they are just lost. The problem occures mostly on network (maybe 1 out of 20 saves - imagine a 1000 part assembly) but sometimes on local drive also. I have had the Gaobot worm but identified and removed it (at least I believe so) but this problem keeps comming up.

Pleeeeease help so I can get a nights sleep.

Thomas Voetmann

Reply to
TV

Were the parts originally opened read only. I have had problems with XP writing to an NT server but only with parts that were origionally opened read only. I guess it doesn't fully release the file or something. It is all getting fuzzy. Anyway there is a patch, search for the error you get on MS Knowledge base, we did the patch it made it better but not a complete fix, tread lightly. I just decided to wait for parts to become available for write and reopen them then because complete loss of data is alot worse. If this is the same issue it was discussed earlier this summer search Google Groups to find the archive.

Regards Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

"Delayed Write Failed" Error Message When You Write a File to a Server

Is this the one?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Sorry - but I appriciate the effort.

The files are not read-only or in-use. Most of the staff work on separate projects, and the problem began all over at about the same time.

All computers are updated to the latest version of Microsoft updates and service packs, so perhaps I need a link to patch Microsoft patches.

What shall I do - resign og get sick.

Thomas Voetmann

Reply to
TV

If you think it is patch related you can unload the patch see if it helps on one machine and then if all goes well unload it on the others.

Wayne that is exactly the one I was refering to.

Sorry we can't be of more help

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

When SW crashes on one user, that leaves the lockfiles (~$blabla) behind owned by this user. Depending on the file permissions / server OS other users can have problems with opening/saving SWfiles because they can not delete/recreate the lockfiles and that makes it impossible to write changes.

HTH,

Harry

ps. NT4/SW2001plus and FreeBSD/samba fileserver.

Reply to
Harry Kroonen