Save ADT4.4 to Acad2002....NO WAY!!!?

We have recently upgraded 4 stations to ADT 4.4 from 3.3. The rest of the practice still uses 3.3. Therefore we have a problem as all the drawings are on a central server. If a 4.4 station saves a drawing back to the server the other 3.3 stations cannot read this file. You would would think that it would be relatively easy to "Save as" back to a 2000 version...... HOWEVER, ADT4.4 does not allow this because they say that there are "intelligent" objects that will basically be destroyed if you save them to an earlier format, fair enough.

We want to use 4.4 for some visual apps along with Viz Render and these drawings will not be accessed by any 3.3 stations so saving them is not a problem. We do though need to open and save older files not adding any 4.4 content but rather just use pure autocad.

I have tried using their suggested work around and not loading up the ADT menus ect and I get pure acad 2004, where I can save as 2000, however I lose basic commands such as Osnap properties, Mtext edit doesn't work properly, and a few other tools don't work that work FINE when 4.4 is loaded, however they are basic CAD functions. Why does this happen?

Is there anyway of making 4.4 save as 200 dwg format, I know that you can do it also be setting FILEDIA to 0 and doing it all through text, however this is time consuming and since the files are on a server, difficult to remember addresses to type...

I guess basically my question is, "How can I get ADT4.4 to save as 2000 without losing basic Autocad commands?"

Thankyou for all your help.

Tim.....

Reply to
Anthony Mitchell