saveas2000

We are using AutoCAD 2008 on some of our work-stations and it is necessary for us to save our drawings in 2000 format. We scan our drawing files with sofscan to create eje files for material handling and sofscan will only scan R2000 drawings. The problem is that when we saveas 2000 the file size jumps from say 350kb to 3mb. Has anyone else encountered this and come up with a solution? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Chuck Fluri

Sorry About the html format on the other post!!

We are using AutoCAD 2008 on some of our work-stations and it is = necessary for us to save our drawings in 2000 format. We scan our = drawing files with sofscan to create eje files for material handling and = sofscan will only scan R2000 drawings. The problem is that when we = saveas 2000 the file size jumps from say 350kb to 3mb. Has anyone else = encountered this and come up with a solution?

Reply to
Chuck Fluri

We've all encountered this, and there is no solution. The cause is the fact that starting in 2004 autodesk introduced compression, as in .zip files, to the dwg file format, and in 2007 increased the degree of compression. The most you can do to shrink the file size is to purge (including regapps), clean up layer filters, and various other functions. That might make the drawing a pain to work on later, so keep a 2008 file in reserve until you figure out what is safe to remove.

The ideal soluti> Sorry About the html format on the other post!!

Reply to
Jerry G