Failed to save document

So I go to save the assembly I've been working on and I get an error message that says "failed to save document". The same thing is happening with the drawing that goes with that assembly. But if I open a part from the assembly it saves just fine. I tried saving it to another location but that didn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm running SW2007 SP2.0

-Nick

Reply to
nbprice

Last night a guy ran into that here and he waited a minute or so and then they saved. His thought was that the machine was stuck on something and had to wait for that to finish.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Nick,

Just happened to see the same thing on a co-workers machine.

SW2007 SP2.0 as well.

Len

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
lmar

You can get that message if any component within the assembly exists in a folder for which you do not have write permission. Might check your paths.

Brian Hokanson Starting Line Products

Reply to
Brian

That wouldn't explain the wait then save here that we saw. Certainly could be more than one factor.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany