sp2.1 - PW Toolbar missing again!

Cute, really cute,... just installed sp2.1 and ... amazing! You guys and your developer are really sumthang!? Do you guys get off on this stuff????? How can you waste more of my and other users subscription $$??

It's stuff like this that makes you think,... you guys don't have any system for testing. You're QA is obviously.... why, why do we have to go through this constantly!?!?!?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Seems to be allright here...installed SP 2.1 tuesday afternnoon and it looks like all toolbars are still in place.

// Krister

Paul Salvador skrev:

Reply to
Krister_L

Seems to be allright here...installed SP 2.1 tuesday afternnoon and it looks like all toolbars are still in place.

// Krister

Paul Salvador skrev:

Reply to
Krister_L

Only SW Corp can take working and proven software and then break it when they "enhance" it.

What I find particularly annoying and irritating is seeing the photo of the President of SW Corp at the end of every SW setup.

I'm tired of hearing about his "commitment to the customer" . His only commitment is to his own wallet.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

This is a bit OT I know but... Today I visited the birth place of Lord Ernest Rutherford - (its about

10km from where I live) I hope you know who he was...atoms and all that jazz There is a monument there with some of his life story incorporated into diplays. What struck me was the simplicity of his scientific equipment and the genius of his ideas. It seems to me there is a real trap for modern day thinkers in working through their tools rather than concentrating on the ideas themselves. CAD is without doubt useful but when the programming quality interferes with the execution of the work and your business is held hostage to upgrade cycles or limited to the provided feature set then priorities are backwards. Comments?

In recent days too I have been scouting the net looking at programs and ideas that have arisen since I committed to SW. What I had not really taken on board before is how widespread the resentment of this CAD short order forced march is....there is a real backlash out there..its not just me. There is a hunger for some different buisness models that put users needs ahead of corporate growth of CAD companies. Aside from 2 yearly product cycles which seems to be popular does anyone have some solutions to share to our common mire?

Reply to
neilscad

I must be easy going! I have used SolidWorks now for 6 years. It has provided me the ability to 4X my output. As a small business owner this is Huge. Sure over the years I have tolerated and endured crazy quirks in the software that drove me nuts - in the name of progress - which has caused me to call Concord, MA & Santa Monica, CA and much grief; however, I have through it all been thankful that SW exists.

We all know that if we want better ... more stable software we can change to the BIG THREE - PRO/E, CATIA & UG. Will we sacrifice something in the way??? Of course ... $$$$$$$$. We can always switch to SolidEdge, Inventor or Rhino. If one really wants stability they can go back to AUTOCAD where FREE THINKING ENDED in the LATE 1980's - in the name of Stability and to reduce the complaints of their lethargic user base.

These are the FREE choices we have! Personally - The changes in the software since 2001 have been AWSOME...Cost me some heartache and saved me thousands of dollars in increased productivity.

I am thankful that there are so many choice we have Pro/E, CATIA, UG, SolidEdge, Inventor, Rhino, Microstation, AutoCAD, etc. It is the free market and our choices that push these companies to do better and offer more for a lower price.

So....Please if you are unsatisfied with SW please let your voice be heard and switch to another. Your actions will..... in the long run benefit all. You - because you will have the opportunity to find a program the better matches your priorities and me because SW will notice and try harder to make a better product for ME!

Reply to
Ben

Now that you've given us the mantra from Concord, Please post a cogent response to the numerous criticisms of the quality and stability of the software. Lets not even bring up the quality and "Added-Value" from less than useless VARs. Each new release becomes a resource hog and we must wait until SP4 or SP5 for a working and stable release.

What this shows ME is that SW is committed to a ridiculous release schedule despite the fact that they have shown time and time again that their quality control is practically non-existent.

With each new release, Beta testing is becoming a thing of the past. Paying customers are being force fed broken software Many of the changes made to the software MAKE NO SENSE! PDMWorks Workgroup 2007 is a classic example of an "enhanced" but broken product.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

You are right of course for my purposes and circumstances there are very likely better choices and I am currently looking at just that - ideally the replacement would not made in the US. My moving to something else would make no absolutely no difference to the deal you get from SW. Honestly while it has been useful to exchange user tips here on a superficial basis it would be a mistake not to think that for the most part people aren't motivated to attend or lurk out of self interest and so I would be unlikely to wish you to benefit from any changes I would make anyway. That is a lesson of competition learnt from dealing with US companies and observing government- not that is necessarily correct or desirable of course. In a wider context and on a personal level I cannot pretend that buying a product from the US has been a good idea.It hasn't,Despite some historical similarities the cultures are too different to be worth my effort and many of the the mores are alien or even dare I say bizarre. My initial reservations about buying this product have unfortunately panned out for the worse. The more I consider this perverse matter of growth and profit over quality the more resolved I am to disconnect from it. I am sorry but it offends my sensibilities of what engineering and science are about and the role technology can play in a better world for everyone (whilst not 'buggering' the environment in the process that is). I am pleased it works for you however .thanks for the reply

Reply to
neilscad

2001+ would work just fine for us. add some of the drawing enhancements from recent years and it would be perfect. ;)
Reply to
kenneth

I would be the first to admit that SolidWorks takes a back seat to no one when it comes to the ability to break their software during the enhancement process. But it is patently absurd to claim that they are the only ones doing so.

Jerry Steiger

Lighten Up Francis,

It's called hyperbole and it's a literary device.

Reply to
Tim Markoski

Im sick of people that cry about solidworks but still continue to use it.

Reply to
toreadorxlt

I have no choice you idiot. My biggest customer uses it.

I'm sick of people that don't hold SolidWorks to account for their poor quality control

Reply to
Tim Markoski

I'm sure there are plenty of people at New Balance that aren't happy with the quality of SW products as of late.

Please feel free to go tell them.

Reply to
Tim Markoski