Does Anyone Know What This Means?

I'm working on an assembly that an ex-coworker did & there is a bunch of parts & assemblies that were suppressed for some reason. When I try to resolve the parts & assemblies it gives me this message "Resolving the component would result in a looping assembly". What does a "Looping Assembly" mean?

God I really hate working on other peoples drawings!!!

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
tubes420

"tubes420" wrote in news:rqGdnUH4gqgPI-TYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Could it be a translation of "circular reference"? I have seen cases where certain component replace operations could give a warning about creating a circular reference. I can imagine that there could be a situation where a circular reference involving a suppressed part could be created.

If you open the offending part separately, does it contain any external references that might result in a cricular reference warning? This may be difficult to determine, since a lot of circular references are not detected. Perhaps a circular reference was created in an earlier version, and is now detected?

Anyway, that's my best guess. I've never heard of a looping assembly either.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Tubes,

Look at the configurations tab. He may have more than one config., and the parts will unsurpress. You can learn how he did what he did by studieing these.

I'm with ya on working on other peoples stuff. No two people think alike, some don't think at all.

Mark

parts & assemblies that were suppressed for some reason. When I try to resolve the parts & assemblies it gives me this message "Resolving the component would result in a looping assembly". What does a "Looping Assembly" mean?

Reply to
MM

Look at the external references. You will likely find a clue there.

Reply to
TOP

No kidding. I'm in the middle of changing a package of drawings a former co-worker did. What should have taken a few hours is taking a few weeks. I'd like to track them down and beat the %*@ out of them right about now. Maybe we should start a "What's the dumbest thing you've ever seen done in SolidWorks? thread.

Okay, I'm done venting. Now back to work...

Reply to
Deb Dowding

Not a bad idea, but it would be the thread that never dies. Nothing could kill that one.

Jerry Steiger

How about "What's the dumbest thing you've done to get it out the door?"

Reply to
Dale Dunn

No, you don't want that one because it's telling on yourself. You really want a question that allows you to tell on someone else. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany